Around this date in 2015, we were just putting the finishing touches on our practice on Old Great Neck Road and opening Animal Vision Center of Virginia for the first time. At our grand opening celebration, we featured tours of our facility, held an agility course and petting zoo on the lawn, served tasty treats for pets and humans and held a silent auction to raise awareness of glaucoma and to benefit local animals in need of eye care.
Since then, our practice has grown in so many wonderful ways. Animal Vision Center of Virginia has …
- Gone from having one team member (the tireless Melissa Noblett), to our current standing of 13 team members, 2 residents and 1 specialty intern.
- Held over 17 events, including our popular Ophtho Rounds & Wine continuing education sessions for our referring veterinary professionals, resulting in the awarding of more than 1,000 CE credit hours.
- Provided nearly 200 free eye examinations for our region’s hardworking service animals, including the City of Virginia Beach patrol horses, Virginia Beach Sheriff Department’s K-9 dogs and the therapeutic horses of Untamed Spirit.
- Seen 5,542 new pet patients!
- Expanded our Great Neck practice location not once, but twice. And opened our Chesapeake practice in the summer of 2022.
- Finalized plans this month to open our next practice in the historic Pembroke Manor House in Virginia Beach, opening in early 2023.
As you can see, we have covered a lot of ground over the past seven years. Yet one important aspect of our practice has not changed—our commitment to helping animals of all shapes and sizes live a better life through better sight.
Thank you for being a part of this journey. Here’s to more good times and pet hugs in the years to come!
With warmest regards,
Heather Brookshire, DVM, DACVO